How to Make Meat Stock - Stage 1
Updated: Apr 30
This nourishing broth is an essential part of the GAPS protocol. It will help heal and seal the gut.
· Choping board
· Storage jar
· chicken parts: 2 chicken thights, 2 chicken legs, 2 wings - (800g)
· 6 carrots (chopped)
· 2 onion (cut in quarters)
· 1 tablespoon sea salt
· 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
· Filtered water (to cover ingredients)
1. Place all ingredients in a large stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Skim and discard the scum.
2. Keep at a low simmer for 1,5 up to 3 hours.
3. Strain all ingredients out to yield a delicious and nourishing broth.
4. Store in glass, in the frige for up to 7 days or freeze for 3 months.